Friday, October 29, 2010

October in Chicago

Perhaps my favorite month of the year, October is beautiful to experience anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere.  Humidity drops, breezes become blustery, and of course, the leaves are brilliant.  We had a historically powerful wind storm this week, and I was dreading the empty branches that would be left behind.  Luckily though, the Honey Locusts, Ginkgoes, and the Maples weren't ready to leg go yet. This month we've had chilly days and balmy days, and everything in between.  The weather has been fun.

Other things to report this month are that Phil got a job at Gino's East Pizza-- the place famous for Chicago Deep Dish pizza.  It's really high traffic place, with cheapo European tourist customers, with bad management, but with GREAT money.  He's hoping to work there intensely through Christmas, and then sort of phasing it out. I am working two jobs, Sucker's Candy and Kids Science Lab.  I just got a raise at KSL! The most significant I have ever gotten.  I'm stoked about it, and it makes me feel really good about the work I have been submitting.

Theatre-wise I have seen some much better theatre this month, and I have been networking at both Red Tape Theatre and the House.  I really respect both of those companies, and I would love to work for them.  It was great to visit with some of my old cast mates and other people involved in Enemy of the People at Red Tape. I forgot how cool they all were.

I've some serious ups and downs this month, but overall it's going better than I expected.  Chicago never fails me and Phil. No exciting Halloween plans though which is the only bummer.  Chicagoans just don't know how to celebrate holidays.   It's all about the House parties, ya know! Speaking of houses, Phil and I think our apartment is super cute still, but waaaay too dark and our upstairs neighbor is a NIGHTMARE.  When I met him and called him Dennis the Menace I didn't realize how accurate a title that was.  Making dog collars all night long, constantly barking dog, idiotic prattle everytime I walk out the door.... I'm gonna kill him.

I have a deadline for my play this Sunday that I likely will not make, but I think I'll try tomorrow.  I only have to submit the first ten pages, and it's just for a developmental process.  It's in terrible shape right now though.... I have some serious work to do.  The more I learn about Moses the more I get confused about what I want.

So, that's an update about what's up with me.  I will hopefully have my winter boots fixed and all my coats cleaned before it gets too cold here!

No comments:

Post a Comment