Monday, November 12, 2007

Oh, just a blog

The wind was calm today. Balmy breezy. Brooke and Dad looked happy framed by large autumn trees. Darwin made us all laugh with his puppy antics.

It was a great weekend. I couldn't imagine it being better.

Tomorrow its back to work at the Chicago Children's Museum. I'm tolerating the job. It's fun sometimes, but mostly boring. I do love museums though. Apparently I get into all of them in the city for free now. With guests. Wanna go?

Its dark and chilly outside now.

To walk down an alley alone
Crunching on an old rat bone
I shiver and dig in deeper
Brush past the viney creeper
Barreling stiffly ahead
Appearing morose, full of dread
Millions of people marching coldly on
Night after day, day after dawn
My piggy bank's broken and brittle
There's an empty ache in my middle
My dreams are fading
I'm wimpishly waiting
This Chicago isn't forgiving
But I guess that's risky living.

Despite that being decidely dark, I am in a wonderful mood. This city is great, and I am having a great time living here. Phil and I are really, really lucky. My parents are helping me out a lot. Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment