Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home

Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to


Well, Phil and I moved back to Little Rock. Our little hometown, where the pond is small.  We are trying to leave all the darkness behind, and make our lives easier and more satisfying. It's been a pretty chaotic past few weeks (in a pretty unstable and chaotic two years). We decided and moved in three weeks, and now we're squatting at Brooke and Justin's until we can secure (yet again) jobs, a home, and for me, even a car. It's stressful of course, but I have been pleasantly surprised by life here so far. Friends and family a plenty, affordable entertainments, and little perks like being able to split checks at restaurants. Ultimately, it's just great to be back with our families though. 


Obviously things are different now than I expected them to be, and though I'm not that happy about how things are turning out, I am also accepting that I have different dreams than I used to. My ambitions are more simple, but still difficult. I'm tired of trying so hard though (and ultimately failing).  So, I think I'll take a break, get a simple job, and then worry about going to grad school again. 


Do I want to be an actress anymore? I don't know.  Do I want to leave theatre behind and pursue other strenghts? No. I want to be involved in theatre for the rest of my life. So, I still need to go to school and get my masters.  And I will. But for now, I'm just going to serve pizza and try to get my life on a stable path for once. 


And maybe direct a show this fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment