Monday, June 21, 2010

Running for my Life



Wow! Check out my map of the run I did today. Hardcore and incredibly beautiful. I was scared going into it because I hadn't run through part of it before and I was afraid I would get lost, but it was great! That is officially the farthest I have ever run. Not to mention at about mile 2 there is a series of intense hills.

This blog is titled Running for my Life because I feel like running has been one of the only things these past few weeks in Italy that has kept me from having a total mental breakdown. I know it's supposed to be beautiful to be in a foreign country with nothing to do but contemplate why the birds sing so sweetly, but for me boredom was suffocating. When I get up in the morning and start my day with a 5k, I feel motivated. I don't just sit around and watch TV or facebook all day. I feel powerful, and I feel like I can write. It helps my body, yes. But more importantly, running helps my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment