Monday, April 20, 2009

Real Love? RealDolls



Last week a man visited the museum with his fiance. She was in a wheel chair, and he took her to see the butterfly haven because she loved butterflies. She was sex doll.

After this incident, I found this documentary online. I find this syndrome odd, maybe even gross. However, I can identify with these men. Driven by their lonliness, their testosterone, they have spent $7,000 to have a companion. While watching the film, I was often affected by their treatment of the dolls as real people. They spoke to them, cried when they were gone, and one man even massaged his doll's feet-- a feat I can not even get Phil to do! THis idea actually initially repulsed me, but I couldn't help but recall how much I considered my stuffed animal, Toby's, feelings about things. Imagine if he looked like a real person. I found these mens' stories fascinating, sad, and the epitomy of the human need for companionship. I recommend you spend 45 minutes to watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment