Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm Not Angry Anymore


I haven't updated in forever! And my perspective on things has really improved, so I should.

Well, It's week five of this semester, and as you all know, I came back in a huge funk. I was sooo angry at everyone for this school not working out: myself, ADA, some of the students, etc. But really, I am incredibly grateful that I ended up back here.

I was really angry and judgmental about several of my classmates, and it did NOT dissipate over the break. I expected it to because I wasn't around them, but I was really holding a grudge! And it turns out that all I needed was to come back, talk to some of them, or just be around them to realize that of course none of them are perfect but that they are generally very nice people that I am glad to know.

Some of my classes have improved, others have gotten worse. I am so pleased and surprised by my slow but steady progress. My voice and physical skills are certainly better than they were when I arrived! And the projects that I have been/am/will be working on are worth it. All things considered I am pretty optimistic about my life right now.

Am I sticking with the program after this semester? Very unlikely. All of the old problems are still in the back of my mind, there are new ones, and frankly, I just wanna be back in the states with my dog in my own life. Although, I am getting pretty confident with my italian communication, as pathetic as it is, and am starting to enjoy getting out in Italy more.

In the next couple of weeks I'll be doing a lot of cool things. Mom and Dad will be here in like 8 days, and we're going to Rome, Pompei, Venice, and Cinque Terre at least. They'll get to see me perform a short piece based on Edgar Allen Poe's, The Raven. Then the semester's end will be here before I know it. Phil has accepted a job with the Accademia for the months of May and June. While he works, I am hoping to write a play and maybe take the intensive class here? Then we're going to do a quick tour of Paris, Amsterdam, and such. Then, I think we might move back to the states.

So, I'm feeling pretty good. I think my optimism is due in part to the fact that I know that I am going to be moving back after this so that I can go to a more legitimate graduate school. Whatever it is though, it feels good to not feel so down aaalll the time.

2 comments: